Camber bolts

rc_cola_j

Hey,

I have an OME lift in already, planning on adding some Fleury spacers in the near future. From what I understand, with the combination I will need longer Camber Bolts.

Any suggestions on where to purchase these bolts online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My .02: I chose the easy way out and had my mechanic install the front springs (OME) on my KYB struts and the Fleurys spacers (1.5") at once - and align. He sourced the camber bolts - at no cost to me - as part of the alignment and front suspension install cost. Glad I had him do it, as he had to order two different sets to finally get the camber correct. Fortunately he can work on my car while I am at work. My Pathfinder is my daily driver.

Not that I wouldn't want to deal with camber myself... I just do not have the equipment or proper location to do the work.

I found that the bolts I got didn't fully clear the strut bracket up top, but close. But I wasn't under the impression that bolts with >1.5% were available...if you want 1.5-3% of camber, you'd have to buy two sets.

Will the alignment shop near my house know what to order? I'm pretty confused by all of this.

Doubtful. They're just going to enter your trucks info/VIN into a machine and pull up the specs. It'll probably tell them there's no camber adjustment, and they'll say that they can't adjust the camber.

I'm sure there are some shops that might put in the extra effort, but probably not many except those who do customizations or install aftermarket parts.

But you have all the info you need. Buy them, take them with you to the shop, and ask them to install them if they'll help hit camber specs.

I installed my own camber bolts, took it for an alignment, told them it had camber bolts and that it normally doesn't, and they said 'cool'.

Doubtful. They're just going to enter your trucks info/VIN into a machine and pull up the specs. It'll probably tell them there's no camber adjustment, and they'll say that they can't adjust the camber.

I'm sure there are some shops that might put in the extra effort, but probably not many except those who do customizations or install aftermarket parts.

But you have all the info you need. Buy them, take them with you to the shop, and ask them to install them if they'll help hit camber specs.

I installed my own camber bolts, took it for an alignment, told them it had camber bolts and that it normally doesn't, and they said 'cool'.

Ok. Sweet. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have new MOOG stock springs in front and 2" spacers... so 2.5 inches ish of lift in front. ( it brought my sagged front end up probably 3" though) I bought camber bolts off Amazon they were 1.75 degree bolts. I gave the alignment shop two sets of bolts for the front and they only needed one bolt in top hole. They were pretty much turned to max camber, but it lined up and drives perfect.

I installed all the suspension components and the 1 set of camber bolts for them (eyeballing it) and they just tweaked the alignment they got it dead on and only cost $60.

Edited by LittleFR
  • Like 2