Hardbody/Pathy front shock swap?

Mr. Pickles

With most everything else in the front suspension a direct swap, I just wanted to see if anybody knows if front shocks are as well. Who knows if there's a different top mount or something, and I don't have a Hardbody handy to compare. Summit shows Explorer Pro Comp ES3000's that fit a Hardbody, but have no listing for a Pathy, although they do list the rears separately which I assume are different from Hardobodys due to the leaf vs. coil aspect. So... anybody?

Actually, they are a little bit different, but close enough to work just fine.

According to Rancho's web-based application charts, they have two apps listed for HB's and Pathys, one longer, one shorter for each. One shock stud is 12mm, the other is 14mm. Wierd, huh?

Rancho RS5000 shock #5252 is the stock height Pathy front app, with 4.6 inches of travel.

#5214 is lifted Pathy front app, 5.29 inches of travel.

#5188 is the listing for stock HB 4x4 front, with 4.125 inches of travel.

#5605 is the listing for a lifted HB 4x4 front, with 4.875 inches of travel.

Apparently HB's have a little less front end travel. *shrug*

Well, that sounds good enough... probably. The advertised specs were stock up to 1 3/4 inch lift for a Hardbody. If the shocks interchange, and they go up to 1 3/4" vs. my roughly 2+" of suspension, then I should be close enough since I'm not exactly rock crawling and stuff regularly at full extension.

Mr P, I have the ES3000's on my truck... want me to try to find the box or invoice with the part # on it ??? They fit just fine, but I'm not lifted...

B

That would be helpful, although I the part #'s don't seem to interchange between Pro Comp & Summit. I guess I should call them, just to make sure. Have you stretched yours offroad on full estension before? I just wanna make sure they don't blow up. My front end is only about 2" lifted from stock with the stock UCA's (for now) so it hopefully will fall close enough into specs.

I was more implying the ProComp#, but we'll see... No, I have not maxed the susp offroad (truck is back in a different body shop today to get it fixed RIGHT after 2months of wasted time and $ elsewhere :angry: ) but I did compare the extended length to the 'stock' shocks that were on there and the ES3000 were the same if not a little longer. I'll look for the invoice today. Just a thought, unless it's a super deal (like mine), is it a good idea just to go with the taller rancho's so as not to have issues ? On the other side, I suspect the ES3000 would work; no data, just a hunch. I'll get back with any #'s I find... GL !

B