Power Steering lower shaft sloppppppyyyyyy

I have been playing with the parts finders on the internet and I see that the lower shaft / stub shaft for the steering column is not widely available, in fact, as far as I can tell my 2 options are an internet thrashing for the thing from a discount dealer online, or a local dealer. Knowing what I know about the exchange rate at this time ( 30% increase per dollar) it looks like I would be out $255 Canukistan dollars for the lower shaft UNLESS someone knows where or how I can get myself a tiny yoke looking thingy with splines on it for less. I would like to simply replace the u-joint....but it looks like that's not possible since I can't see any bolts, clips, wire rings or anything else that might let me pull it apart. Does anyone have one they would like to get rid of for the low low price of I'll-buy-you-a-beverage-or-a-dozen when we meet plus shipping?

For a visual reference: ST-12 or so for the tilt type power steering lower shaft, ST-20 ish or ST-30 ish in the FSM; lower joint to 'stub shaft' (same part).

I know what you're thinking: IT's the Idler Arm.... it's the centerlink! Nope.... checked on those this afternoon with my very capable assistant / wife Michele. Since I've just replaced the upper ball joints last week and both tie-rod assemblies also last week it can't be those either. The slop can be felt in the u-joint and it's kinda bothersome to drive around it. In fact, it's okay most of the time in the city but the truck spends 55% of its time on the highway and that makes it a problem that requires a resolution. Can you help a brother out or am I off to sell my other kidney??

• 3 weeks later...