1995 Pathfinder shifting transmission issue?

Macrow

So I have a 1995 XE Automatic 4wd Pathfinder with the 3.0 liter. Now here is the problem that recently happened to me which I believe could be the torque converter went bad but I have been told could also be many different other thing anywhere from electrical to solenoid to transmission completely shot or valves being stuck. So if I could please get some help on this topic that would be awesome. So last week when I was leaving to pick up a friend I got onto the highway on my way to pick them up everything appeared and felt to be driving fine for me then after about 25 min of driving when trying to increase to 75 mph there was a sudden I guess you would say jerking feeling when trying to shift into next gear and stayed at 70 mph then about 3 min later the same jerking feeling happened again. Only this timeI began to lose speed and rpms began to sound as if they were getting higher but did not show to be on instrument panel. I dropped down to about 30-35 mph which then when pressing down on gas pedal nothing happens except the engine revs up fairly high but does not accelerate for me. So I then put it into 2nd gear to see if that does anything for which it does allow me to accelerate so I can work towards getting off the highway and to the gas station. After I exit and get pulled over I check my transmission fluid which is fine start to Investigate if there are any noticeable issues I might see everything seemed ok except for one area where I noticed some wires hanging from about mid truck on passenger side of ride by the exhaust piping they were still all connected but they looked to be wet my guess is from washing vehicle that day. However few days before this I was out four wheeling and had gone through some pretty deep mud puddle and such. After inspection of ride i decide to look for gas station which i find on other side of highway. I begin to drive there where putting it into drive again still did nothing but raise my rpms high so back into 1st gear just to see if it worked which it did so back into second gear which seemed to drive ok except for would not let me get above 34 mph and still sounded as if rpms were high as can be but didn't show they were on the instrument panel. Also my reverse works perfectly for me. So my question is does this sound like bad tranny or torque convertor or could it possibly be electrical or some as just switching gear oil out with new or removing tranny pan to put new fluid in which I have been told all these things from different people? Just trying to narrow it down because I do have another 1995 pathfinder xe with a bad motor but good tranny i was looking to buy a motor for that I could swap the motor into but if it is more of a smaller fix with what i have described then I would rather fix this issue and look for motor for the other one like I have already been doing.

Thank you,

Joe

Check your transmission harness and make sure it didn't melt against your exhaust. I suggest you download the automatic transmission portion of the fsm and go through the troubleshooting procedure.

Sounds like an electrical related issue to me but I am not well versed with the transmission yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ok thank you I will give that a look & see if that could be an issue with it & will also look at the fsm & see what I can find out.

Doesn't sound like a torque convertor issue. I think you'd have no gears at that point. I would investigate those hanging wires. Could be they got torn loose by road debris or something.

+1 on the service manual, if it's got a shift solenoid that's not connected it can tell you that.