Possible dead battery???

AIIZEE

Hey fellas, its been a while.

Recently my 92 Pathy will not start, seems to be a very dead battery. It will start with a 20 dollar booster box (pep boys speacial).

The battery will not charge and its only about 8 months old. I disconnected the battery while the Pathy was on and all seems fine, running well so its not the alternator. I tightend everything back up shut it doen and it will not start. The lights go on the dash but when i crank it it will just flicker and all goes dead again.

I use the booster box and it starts right up.

Sure sounds like a dead coppertop. Is it a Pimp Boy's battery? Probably lucky it lasted 8 months... :oops:

Have you done a volt & ammeter check? Is it a sealed battery where you can't check the specific gravity of the cells? At 8 months old, at the very least it should be under warrantee & a replacement given to you prorated. Take it back & have them test it... while you're there see if they'll check your alternator and the rest of your charging system, too. -thnkboutit-

It'll run with it disconnected....

Edited by hardwaretoad

darn, my original battery in my 95 just crapped out on me last month, I was proud but it sucked that it had to crap out when i needed to go to work. I was verry suprised but it was probly my subs and stereo that did it in.

make sure you have a good connection between your battery posts and the cables. If bad, your battery may be perfectly fine but insufficient power getting to the rest of the vehicle. Jumpstarting would work fine since you clamp onto the cable, not the posts. Throw a volt-meter on the posts, then on the clamps and make sure they read the same.