Towing a 6x10 1998 SE?

visivopro

Hey Fellas

So I am relocating from Central Mexico to Atlanta in May. I purchased a 6x10 enclosed trailer to move a few of mine and my wife's things, Nothing major, maybe 800lb, maybe less. Now I am being told by some "experts" that my truck will more then likely burn its transmission on some of the grades driving to the states.

What I would like to know is if anyone can ether set my mind at ease and tell me it will be fine, or can suggest some motor or transmission upgrades (that wont cost me an arm an a leg) that I can do to ensure a safe trip in one piece.

The trailers Curb weight is just over 1000lb and Id venture to say I will be putting about 800lb or less. Household items, few large mirrors, some of those heavy duty metal shelves from costco, a bike, few appliances and maybe 20 to 30 medium boxes with random stuff in them. I am not talking any large furniture or anything that I cant lift on my own. Its more of an amount of stuff rather then the weight of stuff.

So what say thee? I'd really like to hear some good news as I have about $1000+ invested in the trailer and hitch. Selling it again is probably not going to happen as I am leaving in a month and I live in a pretty small town.

Thanks for any advice you can can all offer.

1800lbs should be just fine. If anything drop the pan and do a service and install an auxiliary cooler.

I'd suggest staying out of overdrive as much as you can, however it'll probably do that on its own anyhow with the weight.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1