Hello!

DarekG

Hey guys,

I recently picked up my first ever 4x4, I've been a Nissan guy pretty much forever and I wanted an off-road/camping/hunting vehicle so this fit the build. I got a reasonable deal on a 2001 R50 in good shape.

78ic6UP.jpg

2001 Pathfinder SE

3.5L VQ35DE

5-Speed Manual

Bone Stock

Immediate issues include the temp gauge not really going up to what I consider "operating temperature" - My Haynes manual just came in so testing in should be easy enough. The two front wheel bearings are starting to show some wear. And there is a little bit of rust developing on the drivers side fender that I intend to Por-15 the @!*% out of, it'll look better than rust.

Plans for future, or possibly not so distant future include getting some lock-tight on the intake butterfly valves because I hear that's a problem. Getting some WARN manual locking hubs. Possibly a 4 inch frame lift and 32 inch wheels to match, but this is not a priority.

My goals for the vehicle is something reliable that I can 4x4 with lightly, go camping, hunting, fishing, etc. I live in Canada BC so I have a lot of wilderness to take advantage of.

Very nice looking rig! Welcome to NPORA now you just need the official sticker...lots of people on here with lots of knowledge just let us know what you need help with...if any...and we will be glad to help you...there is a few active member here in Canada also...I'm down in jersey...good choice in the manual hubs just installed mine last weekend

-John

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LOL I'm more interested in your photography than I am in the pathfinder... :lol:

Congrats on your new vehicle. My take, as an owner of 2 WD21s and an R50 is: SELL IT!

Just kidding... You have the strongest motor and 'updated' looks; as long as it is in decent shape with not too many miles, you'll be happy with this for a long time.

Personally, I'd lift it 2" via springs or spacers, or what ever combination you prefer (new AM springs/struts/shocks are a given though) and run 31"ish tires unless you are shooting for snow plow or snow shoes.

IIRC 15" rims don't fit on the 2001+ due to caliper clearance (some grinding required) but that all comes down to back spacing as well.

With just the stock rims (after the lift), I'd go with something equivalent to 31-32" diameter, 9-11" wide, depending on taste and availability.

From there, I'd check out some under armor... Fleurys, a member here makes some, as well as 4x4parts IIRC.

All this info is out there, just thought I'd give you a start. Good luck, enjoy, and welcome to NPORA!

B

OH, make sure to cover the POR15, it breaks down under UV IIRC.