New to the Forums here with some questions

Macrow

Hello so I have a few questions as far as what would be recommended motor to put into 95 XE Pathfinder which would be used for four wheeling as well as David driver. the one I have now is currently bad. So I'm looking to replace and continue to do a build on this pathfinder. Also is there any recommended or suggestions as far as lift kit and the best height to get for lift kit on a 95 pathfinder? Also any places that would be good to look at to get these parts as well as for decent price not too expensive. Thank you.

I just don't understand the novelty of a lifted truck, especially a Pathfinder. Worst idea ever!

If you want easy peasy, any VG30E will bolt in. If you want some moderate work you can put a VG33 in from a newer Pathfinder or Xterra, it bolts in but there are some extras to the swap. There is a guy I know that sells adapters so you can retain your VG30 accessory locations if you do decide to do a swap.

The VG33 swap is common and fairly well documented.

The trouble with lift kits on these is that the IFS isn't really built to take it. That's not to say they can't be lifted, just that it'll take upgrading a few things for it to hold together afterwards.

I'd say get the motor sorted, wheel it a bit, see how you like that, and then decide what needs upgrading.

• Like 2

Simplicity- rebuild or swap in a new vg30

Little extra work- vg33 swap

No lifted IFS lifted vehicle is perfect, they all need upgrades. You you do it right, you can have a great rig. Don't rely on quick and cheap options. You can body lift, you can suspension lift. 3+3+33's has been the formula for a long time, but depending on your needs, you may need one or all. Figure out exactly what you wanna do with your rig first.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 2

I just don't understand the novelty of a lifted truck, especially a Pathfinder. Worst idea ever!

If you want easy peasy, any VG30E will bolt in. If you want some moderate work you can put a VG33 in from a newer Pathfinder or Xterra, it bolts in but there are some extras to the swap. There is a guy I know that sells adapters so you can retain your VG30 accessory locations if you do decide to do a swap.

thank you for the reply very helpful

Simplicity- rebuild or swap in a new vg30

Little extra work- vg33 swap

No lifted IFS lifted vehicle is perfect, they all need upgrades. You you do it right, you can have a great rig. Don't rely on quick and cheap options. You can body lift, you can suspension lift. 3+3+33's has been the formula for a long time, but depending on your needs, you may need one or all. Figure out exactly what you wanna do with your rig first.

Thank you I will look into all options I am in process of working on the Engine now

The VG33 swap is common and fairly well documented.

The trouble with lift kits on these is that the IFS isn't really built to take it. That's not to say they can't be lifted, just that it'll take upgrading a few things for it to hold together afterwards.

I'd say get the motor sorted, wheel it a bit, see how you like that, and then decide what needs upgrading.

Ok great thank you for your feed back and help much appreciated.

If you do decide to swap to a VG33, keep your VG30 cams and put them in the VG33, more ponies! Even with my truck having 33's I have a friend with a factory five speed on 31's and he said "holy @!*% this thing is quick". Makes enough torques to bend trailing arms on flat ground. Ask me how I know, hah!