P0011 and P0022 on 3.5 Pathy

dududuckling

Hi,

I have just purchased a 2002 Pathfinder SE, 5-speed, 3.5L. Two codes came up today as I was doing 80 mph uphill: P0011 and P0022.

I have read the forums about possible causes, such as camshaft position sensors, timing solenoid???, low oil level, dirty oil. Oil level is good and it is clean. What other possible causes it might be? The mechanic suggests resetting the CEL and see if it comes back on. But I don't think that really solves the problem.

Also, does anyone do the powervalve screws fix? I have called a few Nissan dealers in Los Angeles and they have not heard of powervalve screws failures. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have just purchased a 2002 Pathfinder SE, 5-speed, 3.5L. Two codes came up today as I was doing 80 mph uphill: P0011 and P0022.

I have read the forums about possible causes, such as camshaft position sensors, timing solenoid???, low oil level, dirty oil. Oil level is good and it is clean. What other possible causes it might be? The mechanic suggests resetting the CEL and see if it comes back on. But I don't think that really solves the problem.

Also, does anyone do the powervalve screws fix? I have called a few Nissan dealers in Los Angeles and they have not heard of powervalve screws failures. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Can't advise on codes, but manual Pathies don't have the power valve screws. Someone on the forum launched in to locktite them and came up blank. Turned out only the autos have them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Figured I'd post here rather than start a new thread. I just picked up a 2002 SE 5-speed. The most recent maintenance receipt that the PO had stated that it had code P0011 and that the oil was very low. After they changed the oil and reset the light the code hasn't come back. From what I've been reading it sounds like it's practically a pre-low oil pressure light. I take it your issue was resolved?

I'm also interested in the power valve screws thing. Can anyone direct me to threads regarding them not being present on the 5-speeds?