Newbie, kind of, Sunroof Question

shogunb

Second go at writing this, it disappeared. Use to own a 1992 Nissan Terrano Black TD27T Manual in Auckland New Zealand. Now live in Olympia Washington (USA). I recently brought 1995 Nissan Pathfinder (northridge editon) VG30 manual Gearbox.

Went to Pick N Pull and picked up a sunroof and low and behold the sunroof on the northridge edition is different from the standard wd21. I need some ideas on where to get the correct one. previous glued a thin piece of plexiglass in (real thin 1.5mm thick, 1/16")

I had to get homepage in New Zealand going again to drop a image or to on there.

Left side

sunroof1.gif

Right Side

sunroof2.gif

rear of sunroof.

sunroof3.gif

Need a few pointers on where I may be able to find a sunroof.....

Also trying to sort Rpm gauge. I need to keeping the topics. I did do re-solder job on the original gauge, that didn't fix it. going to have a look at the signal to the gauge. Open to ideas.

Also whats up with NorthRidge edition, heres the vin sticker from the door.

VINsticker.gif

Thanks folks for any help you can give me.

Edited by shogunb

Are you sure thats a factory sunroof? Is there any numbers or markings on it? Most of the time, similar to truck camper shells, you have to get ahold of the sunroof manufacturer. Or you could have someone locally cut you a new piece of laminated or tempered glass, with the holes for the latches, etc. Ive had local companies cut glass for sunroofs and toppers many times.

Someone went el-cheapo on you to replace a broken glass sunroof. The OE one is glass and has attachment points for the hinges that connect above the visors, and the rear opener/latch. That's just a piece of plexi glued in place, as you noted.

It should be an easy junkyard score from a Hardbody or WD21, but you'll pretty much need everything short of the frame, depending on how liberal that gluing process went.

Here's a parts explosion for reference:

eb09f507ab375acca4356920548a2de6.png

Source: http://www.courtesyparts.com/auto-parts/1995/nissan/pathfinder/se-trim/3-0l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/sunroof-scat

I went a Pick and Pull and got a sunroof on Sunday, before i even posted in forum above.

I have the whole assembly and all the bolts.

WD21-sunroof.gif

Latch.gif

I think this Northridge edition is odd one in bunch.

I took a photo from the outside through the drivers door window glass.

Looking%20in%20from%20outside.GIF

Any way it has these plastic hinges for something and there isn't any bolt holes for wd21 style over cam latch.

Are there some odd ball pathfinder editions?

I think the "Northridge" edition is just some dealer-specific labelling, not an official Nissan designation. Does it say it anywhere? I'd also be certain there were no sunroof glass variations for those models.

I think you need to pop off that plexiglas to see the holes where the glass bolts to in the channel. Maybe it's an aftermarket sunroof that was broken, and then el-cheapo-fixed. If you put the OE glass on the roof over the plexiglas, does it appear to be the same size?

Hawairish is that short for Hawaii Irish?

I will have a check later on tonight and see what is going on.

Thanks your help

LOL, yup. Hawaiian and Irish, my daily dichotomy (nice tan, short temper). But most people here in AZ just think I'm Mexican...which is how I earned the nickname "Paco".

So what nick do I need if I'm 1/4 Aus, 1/4 kiwi, 1/2 american???

The sunroof is custom sunroof. The original WD21 sunroof which I have here is 2in longer than the custom sunroof.

It looks like the dealer must have had it installed, I believe the following company made them:

http://www.crlaurence.com/

i will send them some measurements and see if they can supply with some hardware