Storage box

cntryboy_88

I know someone on here has done this before but I don't remember where I saw it...like the idea though so I went ahead and did it over the last couple days finally got it all put together and it turned out pretty awesome...gonna put some camo on it to cover the wood...it has 3 pop up doors on hinges and one slide out door

c5869237ff7fcfb9fd6bf1477799a098.jpgde362f45c2abe8399846475936004cfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That actually looks really useful, it doesen't take up too much space so you can still climb in there and sleep if you wanted too, plus loads of storage space underneath.

I think you should try to find that buck skin material to cover it though, keep it looking like it's a factory install.

No it doesn't take up much space at all...it goes right up to the back of the back seat...I might eventually take on part 2 of this build which would be to make it so I could sleep in here I would have to make something that slides out when the back seats are down to make it level with the box...I wanna wrap it in camo to match the rest of my interior...I did my headliner and door panels

cf1c24a197f14de446c83e193c002074.jpg955ac0a5a1aaa676a4512745d7d9cf1e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great job! I have something similar in mind for my next project as soon as I'm done with my current one (roof rack/basket with Hi-Lift,pioneer tool and jerry can mounts.). Just need the money and time.

I'll have to show a photo of my rear speaker install. I got sick and tired of the plastic rear speakers surrounds. The metal grating on the speaker covers were kinda rusty and one wasn't clipping into the plastic at all and kept vibrating, any of the tiniest bumps in the road you'd get 'dldldldldlddl'. So I ripped them out and replaced the speakers with some Sony home stereo jobs. I got some metal brackets and bent some angles into them. Screwed into the sides of the speaker boxes, then used the existing holes and bolts in the actual rear frame to mount them. They sit perfectly over the rear wheel hubs. Covered them in a material similar to the original fabric and gives added protection against any scrapes. There's actually more room either side in the back now and there's even a good little drink can stand on the side.

Yeah they are a lot better for my ears and no more vibration. You can't really see it but there's foam cushions down the sides of the speaker boxes against the frame and I even put foam under the metal brackets then screwed them in.