Questions about the AC 2"

cntryboy_88

I wanna lift my truck 6.5" so I know I have to do the SFD to get the 4" and I keep seeing this 2" AC lift but when I google I can't find nothin about it can someone please give me insight...also maybe anyone who's done the full 6.5" lift total cost for everything and what size tires are you running

4x4parts.com

I run 35's with minimal trimming required. It's a 2" AC(automotive customizers) coil lift +4" KR Fabs SFD in front and WJ 6.5" lift coils (chopped down to 6") w adapters from KRF in the rear. With bilstien 2001 F250 2" lift shocks rear. Also PHD bracket. And no sway bars front or rear. You can check my profile.

So with the ac lift is the strut longer than a stock strut? How does just adding a longer "lift spring" work and not just make it a stiffer ride

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The springs can be installed on any strut; the strut length doesn't change. The spring will be compressed over the same distance, and it will stiffen the ride.

Magic, my friend. Magic.

Or physics. You have a stock spring and a lift spring that's, say, 1" taller and has a higher spring rate than a stock spring. Compress both to the same height...which is going to resist compression more? More resistance, more lift.

Why the same height? Because the spring is restricted in length by the strut because it installs on it. (That is, until the strut nut goes flying off violently.)

• Like 1