Transmission

Guest ryeguyz

Guest ryeguyz

Sometimes when I shift into reverse, its fine. If I put it into drive and move a couple of feet, then put it into park, then back to reverse, nothing happens, you can rev the motor up in reverse, then after about 10 seconds, the truck starts rolling backwards and then Clunck, it goes into reverse. I checked the fluid, someone had put too much into it, so I drained someout, but there seems to be still too much in it still. Has anyone had the same problem, maybe not in reverse but other gears? Could it me something electronic? I hope nothing Costly. Help.

Guest CrazyK

Same thing happened to me. I only bought the truck three weeks ago. The tranny just stopped going into reverse. Luckilly its under warantee, but not a good one. The shop by me found a used one for 1000, after the warantee kicked in the whole job cost me out of my pocket about 500. I looked this up a lot online and its said in many places thats the sign that the tranny is shot. Sorry

Well, 2 of our pathys have the same problem. One is horrible the other isn't so bad. Put about 60grand on one tranny with this problem and have about 30 on the other and it will probably go for quite some time. I figure run 'em til they die because it costs too much to fix. Neither of them have gotten any worse so I figure it can't be a horrible deal. As long as they go forward there's always neutral and letting your date for the night push you out of the parking spot.

My sister had the same problem several years back on a 94SE. When she took it to Nissan they said she needed a new transmission. She took it somewhere else and they rebuilt the tranny for her for $400 plus parts which was $145 So i guess It couldn't be that bad. The car had more than 200,000 miles on it.