Almost ready for smog

rickpyle13

Hey guys, I finished transplanting an engine into my 96r50, and I'm almost ready to be taking it to the street.

Currently, I think I'm having an idle issue, that I don't know if it's affecting my one other problem, bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor code.

I messed with the idle screw/IAC thing, and at the moment it's screwed in clockwise as far as it will go, and I'm still not satisfied with my idle. I also don't appear to be having any vacuum leaks.

Anyone have any pointers?

Need more info. Is it idling too high? Low? Surging? It should be 750ish rpm when warm. I say ish because the service manual says give or take 50rpm.

That o2 won't affect idle. But you will fail emissions because of it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

So my idle is fixed i think. Now my problem is when I try to back it up, it won't move until half throttle, then jerks backward. My brake shoes had chatter marks but I can spin the wheels by hand if they aee off the ground. Did I do my brakes incorrectly?

So it's not my brakes. I jacked it up and put it on reverse, the wheels didn't spin. Took the wheels off, my drums didn't spin.Took my drums off, and my stud flanges still didn't spin. But yet again, putting it into drive they spin just fine.

Anyone know why drive works just fine, but reverse gets locked up?

It's best to do it hot after driving a while, idling in park. Doesn't sound like you have that luxury though so cold or warm. There's marks on the dip stick for each. Fluid should be pink, not brown or smell burned.

Was very low on fluid, added close to a gallon. Still didn't change my gear changing problem. Another symptom to note, it currently idles forward while in N, just like it were in D. Transmission cable linkage looks good, will check connectors next.