Drop Fuel Tank

JosephMartin

Thank you guys from your help in "Dumbfounded", was a big help. Happy Halloween all. I'm now dropping fuel tank, replacing fuel pump, maf sensor and throttle body sensor.....pop will do sensors, I'll be the monkey underneath lol. Any pointers on dropping tank would be nice. Thank u all for your patience, time and help(NovaPath,Rebelord,Pathmaker) and who ever else helped on the topic.....

Replaced sensors, got fuel tank shroud UN bolted, but there is a hard rubber line that goes from my rear driver side rotor and was fastened to the shroud, and goes to the other side of shroud. Brake fluid line? Does it have to be disconnected to get shroud off? Line is acting like a "swing", whole shroud is resting on it.....hmm. almost seems like it's gotta disco...any one this mornin?

I just read through your other thread. Why are you dropping the tank? The pump (from what I thought) is accessible through the access hole under the passenger rear seat.

-Kyle

The pump is very accessible via the access panel described in the other thread, but it seems the good info, suggestions and guidance are being overlooked. Either that or a lot more is going on that the op is not sharing. It's gotten tiresome...
  • Like 2

The line you're referring to is the parking brake cable.

But as others have stated, unless your fuel tank is damaged, you don't need to remove it to replace the fuel sender and fuel pump, which are easy to access under the rear passenger bench without dropping the tank. So, reinstall the fuel tank skid plate, and get the truck off the lift.

I'm sorry guys, y'all have given me fantastic direction, guidance and insight, and I apologize for not responding promptly. I've had to shuffle rides to work, and have a second part time job and 3girls, it's been cram n jam for me. However, the fuel pump and distributor were bad, and we got it running and driving as it was thank God. We checked timing because I recently did the fuel pump and thermostat, and replaced two belts, the third was good. I posted the fuel tank post ten mins before I was going to start the fuel pump job, and just went to town on the tank. I've become pretty familiar with my truck now, and may have leveled up in the wrench area. I'm a novice at this, and put in some time. Alot of it is intimidating, but I stayed at it me n my pop. Again, thanks for yalls patience and guidance, I hope the next time I'm under the truck y'all can Grace me and continue to support me. It's been quite an experience. Hope u guys have a great day....THANK U ALL

Well, something was bad for sure, not sure if it was the Dizzy "AND" the FP, sounded like you were losing fuel, or spark. who is to say which, i would lean toward fuel. Still not sure why you dropped the tank considering all you had to do was look under your back seat on the driver side and remove the pump that way. "most vehicles dont make it that easy".

the funny part to this entire thread "and the other one" is you never changed what the engine code was....

either way, happy you got it going.

• Like 1