Valve count?

Hey guys. Does anyone know how many valves are in my R50 pathy. I believe the VQ35DE motor is a 24V DOHC motor? Is that correct?

Also is the VQ35DE in the R50 fitted with Vtec?

If it is indeed a 24V motor, does that mean 12 intake and 12 exhaust or 24 of each?

Regards, Josh

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Its not vtec, its CVTCS, also known as variable valve timing, It's alot different than Vtec, but is similar technology to an extent.

I'm not sure about DOHC. I know some of the sport car Nissans that have the VQ35DE are DOHC but I dont know if Nissan gave that engine to all vehicles. I have a 3.3 so I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Thanks Omerta, I figured Vtec was an acronym from honda. I was just told the the VQ35DE has a similar technology. I am doing a full motor rebuild and wanted to order valves today but I don't want to get caught out with too many or too few. Thanks for the input.

Josh

The VQ35DE has variable valve timing. Every manufacturer has some silly acronym for it.

There are 24 valves, 4 per cylinder. 12 intake, 12 exhaust.

Since you are rebuilding, the Factory Service Manual would be an invaluable resource and is available online for exactly $0: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Pathfinder/. Pick your year, download (right click, Save) to a folder on your computer, and that's it. Check the Service Data and Specifications (SDS) section at the end of the Engine Mechanical (EM) chapter.

• Like 1

Excellent! Thank you hawairish! I almost ordered a hanes service manual last night but a free factory service manual is 1000x better!

Hit me up if your ever in Wisconsin or thereabouts and wanna grab a beer on me and go wheeling.

Josh

• 1 month later...

Any good places to go wheeling in Wisc? I'm over here in the Twin Cities and there isn't much that isn't 3-4 hours north.

Hey 0merta, there is a great place about 10 mins from my house called big falls park. Neat trails with deep ruts and some hills. Northing to serious but great scenery and a cool cliff to stop and have a beer at. I'm in Altoona WI, about 1.5 hrs from the cities. Let me know if ya wanna wheel sometime. I have mon - Thur most weeks off work.

Josh

Edited by aussie4wheeler