Maintenance schedule after 192,000 Km for 03 Pathfinder A4?

Chook

I looked around and couldn't really find an extended maintenance schedule for after the 192K mark for my 03 Canadian Pathfinder Automatic 4x4. Could someone please point me in the right direction, as I'm picking this up in a few hours and want to know what to work on. Do we just go back to a certain KM on the schedule and repeat?

Thanks!

Courtney

The FSM is available for download from the pinned thread in the Garage section, that will have the maintenance schedule in it.

That said, unless there is documentation to support that it has been done, when I buy a vehicle to keep, I change all the fluids, lube the front end/drive train, inspect the brakes, check the wheel bearings and front end, maybe rotate the tires. That should set a good base line and make you familiar with the vehicle, maybe allowing you to spot something like oil leaks, etc. ;)

WE NEED PICTURES!! :D

B

The FSM is available for download from the pinned thread in the Garage section, that will have the maintenance schedule in it.

That said, unless there is documentation to support that it has been done, when I buy a vehicle to keep, I change all the fluids, lube the front end/drive train, inspect the brakes, check the wheel bearings and front end, maybe rotate the tires. That should set a good base line and make you familiar with the vehicle, maybe allowing you to spot something like oil leaks, etc. ;)

WE NEED PICTURES!! :D

B

Okay Precise1, I am leaving in 15 minutes to have it transferred into my name and do the paperwork. When I get it home and give it a cleanup I will post the pics of it. :) I will check out the FSM and see if it goes past the 192K km limit.

Make sure the timing belt has been done. Off the top of my head, I think it's supposed to take place around the 150-160.000 km range. Other than that, obvious oil change, filter, transmission fluid, front and rear diff fluid. Check breather hoses for cracks. Check all drive belts, check for grease in the hubs, BPT pack new grease. You will likely find things that need attention as you check all the above. Find out when the last time was the shocks and struts were replaced, maybe even the springs as these parts wear out and settle as you probably know.

Sent from my iPhone using using Crapatalk