2002 Speaker Replacement

cham

Hi guys, I recently acquired a 2002 pathfinder LE and I love the thing. Personally though I would like better speakers. I want to keep the stock head unit and amp but change just the speakers. Now I heard this takes a lot of rewiring through the doors and I would like to know how to rewire if I were to replace the speakers. Is there a detailed online tutorial on using your own wiring for the speakers or can someone post pictures on where they laid their wiring and how to do so. I would be replacing all of them including the tweeters. Also what would be the best kind of speakers that fit the original holes that have really nice mids and similar or better bass than the factory. Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon.

Edited by cham

That's easy. I suggest Crutchfield. They will have adapters for plugging your stock speaker wires to the aftermarket speakers you buy.

Their site will tell you which speakers will fit right in place of your factory speakers.

^^^Bingo! They're a great resource for all things to do with automotive electronics. Even if you don't end up buying from them, their website is a wealth of information, but personally I find it's not worth saving a few bucks to buy the stuff elsewhere, as Crutchfield has great product and tech support, before, during and after the sale.

Edited by 01Pathmaker
  • Like 1

They may or may not have an adapter available as a separate piece, usually they include the appropriate adapter (provided one is used and available) when you purchase speakers for your specific application. I've upgraded the speakers in my 96 without adapters, just cut the factory plugs off and crimped on the appropriate connectors, used the diagram in the fsm to make sure I utilized the correct wires for positive and negative.