White Billowy Exhaust

Patrick

Hi. I have a 1995 Pathfinder. Runs fine, I never have to add coolant or oil between changes. It just passed NY Inspection with no problems. But man does the exhaust smoke! Especially when compared to other cars such as my mothers and brothers. Also it has a bad odor to it-If I have my truck running outside you can smell the fumes in the house-very strong(so now I park further down the driveway). It drips what looks like water from the tailpipe. Does anyone elses truck have these symptoms? Thanks for the help.

sounds like excess water in the exhaust, but why????

do you drive short distances without warming up the engine?

do you wash your car alot?

does it happen all the time, or just in the morning when its cold?

Ok, it condensation/steam forming in the exhaust due to the cooler external temperatures. The strong smell is the rich mixture the computer feeds the engine when its cold to aid start up. Exactly the same as in the old carby cars, when you pulled the choke.

yea i wasnt worried about it.

i would be able to tell if it was an oil leak,(we have snowmobiles and i love the exaust smell)

we have a 3rd garage but my dad just has to keep the 65 vette inside. i mean really come on...the Pathfinder deserves better than a car cover. :P

Edited by blackpath94