4H & 4L issues..

MrSkaw

Was out today and could not get into 4l or high sounded like it ensure but it did not. Thank goodness buddies pulled me through tough spots. Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

crawl under the truck look for the linkages from the shift lever to the transfer case, spray the crap out of them with penetrating lube. then get in the truck and work that lever. Lots of time POs don't ever use the 4x4 system and the linkages get corroded or gunked up with dirt. once you get things moving. crawl back under there and use some spray grease to keep them working.

word to the wise, put your truck in 4hi the moment you hit the trail. that way you are already in 4x4 before you need it.

Something else of note regarding 4WD and our trucks, is that if you still have auto hubs then you must roll forward (or back) before the hubs engage. So if you were unable to move at all, the transfer case may have been properly engaged in 4L/H, but either one or both of hubs had not yet locked (both must lock - another thing to consider, perhaps one is stuck)

And about 4L, is it that you could not get the lever to move to the 4L position? If that was the case you should take a look at this topic (pinned in the General Forums) http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/16808-guys-dont-kill-me-a-4x4-turning-on-question-help-i-cant-go-4hi-only-down/

As a side note, I see you are a tapatalk user, I deleted the other two identical threads. Please ignore the errors that tapatalk gives you when posting. Just refresh your page view and you will find that your post or topic have actually been posted to the forum... tapatalk is not NPORA's friend.

• Ended up pulling the hubs apart and they had one hub with a piece in backwards. Driver side did not engage. When I hit the trail I put in 4 High but did not pay attention and when on the trail we noticed that it was not engaged. Learning lesson to pay attention to the rig. Thank you guys, I was all bummed out that it was not working. ran outstanding in 2 wheel so I'm excited to run 4 wheel.

Red I noticed that, thank you. I read somewhere yesterday about it as well and saw your input. I did not know how to delete it.

Thought about getting lockers for the rear, I don't think that it is the factory lsd. I still use as daily driver also so wanted some input.