wheel spacers

sarguy

I'm running 31x10.50's on the stock 97 SE rims, I would like to find spacers to decrease tha backspaceing has anyone found anything that will bring out the wheels a bit and show off the tires?

I ran 31's on my stock 98 SE for a while but I didn't like how deep in the wheel well/fenders the tires sat. Y'know when you see a stock XE, thats how it looked. But with 15x8 and 3.75" backspacing, the tires stick out past the fenders a tiny bit but it looks great IMO.

You can get things which are called wheel adapters, instead of spacers. While wheel spacers are essentially shims on the bolt face, and are unsafe, wheel adapters give you a whole new bolt face. Here is an example from wheeladapter.com

post-7-1109798007.jpg

Edited by big_johnson

That's one heck of an adaptor ! They're installing offset studs for you to bolt your wheels up to, where with a traditional spacer you should install longer studs ~ having the spacer in there cuts down on the amount that your original stud goes into the wheel... sometimes a dangerously little amount of threads for the lug nut to try & lock on to. :eek:

Personally, I'd use neither. Buy the right wheels in the first place, IMHO... -thnkboutit-

Edited by hardwaretoad

I talked to the wheel adapter guy he charges $65 per wheel... at that point I could almost just do new wheels...

Wow, 65? Get some US Wheels Daytona 84's from www.summitracing.com that way you'll just have the right size wheel. Looks like they raised the price a little up to $39 but still better than $65.