Tire Suggestion on Stock 95?

Guest El_Madmaster

Guest El_Madmaster

Hey guys, first post here. I'm at 81,000 miles on my 95 Pathfinder and about due for some new tires. I started offroading somewhat recently, and even though the tires right now are pretty close to getting bald the Pathfinder's done very well so far. Right now i'm using Kelly AWR Safaris. Are there any suggestions for good tires that can be used on the stock Chrome wheels without a lift kit? I'm not too familiar with compatability.

your stock chrome rim is 6in wideas opposed to the "lego" style which is 7in.

you can run a 10.5in wide tire on your rim, but it's not usually recommended by the tire manufacturer. that said it is done.

31x10.5s will rub a little especially with a load in the back, but if you remove your mud flaps and trim the flares a bit they fit ok, I did it for a long time, but I had upgraded to wider 7" rims with that size you'll notice a slight loss of power, but the truck will feel more stable (less roll).

BF goodrich makes the All terrain in 30x9.5 which a friend ran on his 94 with no problem.

BFG ATs are a great all around tire, but if you want good performance in mud or on rocks you'll need a more aggressive tire like the BFG mub terrain, the trade off will be excess road noise as you get more aggressive.

There are lots of manufacturers out there that make a good tire, BFGs are some of the best, but they are $$$

My suggestion is decide on a tire size and tread design (all terrain, or mud terrain) then find a munufacturer that fits your budget.

to get a look at tread patterns buy a 4wheeling mag and flip through the ads in the back.

that's my $.02

Hey there, I'm wondering what size tire you are running now ?

I have an unlifted 95 with chromies and BFG AT 31/10.5" which works just fine. I also agree with oilman's BFG description.

If you were to have some minor rubbing issues I would HIGHLY recommend cranking and/or indexing your torsion bars and installing some Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 front springs in the rear. I have the front end about 1 inch from the UCA bump stops wich seems fine. This is a CHEAP and EASY way to gain height and better suspension. (thanks MM and 88 ;) ) It gave me about +2.5" front and rear...

There are posts about this, just look around.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

ive got 31.50x10.5 15 revos bridgestone A/T are there is no rubbing , Ive been running this same size since 99 and havent had any problems, even offroad, this was stock size when my 93 was bought by the previous owner

LOL HWT, aught naught you do that ?? But then, I did 10X worse 2 months ago. :P Was that when you ran one car into the other two in the privacy of your own driveway ? :o

HWT is right... with the STOCK suspension set up corectly, 31"x10.5" should not rub....

B

Yeah, I'm a little delayed as well. I have 31x10.50 and chrome wheels (not recommended by the tire manufacturer). Anyways, I have the stock flares and mudflaps and do not get any rubbing. I did not do any fender trimming or flare trimming whatsoever. Of course, I cranked the torsion bars 1" in the front about 2 weeks before I upsized. Very easy to do... my sister could do it. Just look it up in the forums.