reintroductions are in order.

Remus92

Hello,

I'm from Iowa.

Just bought a 96 r50. I actually bought it almost 2 years to the day I wrecked my wd21.

I had signed up right after I bought my old 95. Mostly lurk and read for things I'm working on.

My 95 was awesome.2012-12-28164412_zps05d2379b.jpg

Until... I feel sleep late one night.... When I shouldn't of been driving anyway.

2013-07-15114842_zps8964d457.jpg

So I sold it off to a jy disgusted with myself. I really didn't get hurt. A couple of scratches and a small concussion from my head hitting the b pillar when I slid into a culvert in a ditch. Which is what tripped it up and caused it to roll.

Learned my lesson and moved on.

Wasn't looking too hard for another pathy.

But this one seemed right. Cheap and didn't need much to get her going again.IMG_20150719_114004013_zps4yes9iqe.jpg

Before I got it. It had o2 sensor codes. So I replaced those and the cat on that side.IMG_20150719_072401378_zpsbikovdxw.jpg

Still was stumbling when I took it to get a new flex pipe welded into the exhaust. Old one was rusted out.

The guy suggested looking at the maf. Sounded reasonable as to why it would stumble and have given o2 codes. So I got it cleaned up. Didn't look dirty.... But apparently it was. Runs a hell of a lot better now.

First put the maf back in after cleaning and it ran worse and kept dying before getting out of the driveway... Got as far as just taking my shoes off going inside when I remembered I hadn't plugged it back in. Woops. Plugged in and no more stumbles.

So, plans...

New windshield. 2 big cracks in this one.

New head unit plus speakers. The stock one is worn out.

Maybe a new battery. This one does not feel like it has much for cranking amps and doesn't seem to have much juice if I'm messing around and the inside lights are on. Plus it's 4 years old. Probably time.

Paint... Probably just rattle can make it look better than it currently does. And then paint wheels, brush guards, roof rack etc. As all of that is faded too.

Potentially get taller springs and slightly bigger tires later. Right now it has 30x9.50x15

And try and hit an obscene number for milage. It's got 269k miles and drives pretty darn well for that!

Also it's got all the electronic junk. Compass, temp, seat heaters, etc. An lsd. Leather seats.

Excited to be back in a pathy. But the score right now is.

Pathfinder=0

Ben=1

Thanks!

Would have rather that never had happened. That pathfinder ran great at 210k miles. But as it is... Lesson learned!

Edit: phone autocorrects

Edited by Remus92