90 pathy locker

oilman

I have the fact LSD in the back and was going to keep that like it is and lock just the front.

any suggestions, is my logic flawed that if I can crawl my front over an obstacle the rear will follow....

thanks

any suggestions, is my logic flawed that if I can crawl my front over an obstacle the rear will follow....

thanks

-alcohol- I sure hope the back follows the front.....sorry..couldn't resist!

Are you after manual lockers or air lockers? sssh

I bought Superwinch manual lockers for $100.... they are sealed and we use them a lot..with never having seen one fail yet...

Edited by Slick

:hide: i think you mean manual locking hubs slick.. "lockers" go into the differential carrier.. -alcohol-

oilman... depends on how hard you wheel.. you might be better off with another lsd in the front. ARB is the only co. i know of that makes a front locker for a pathy..

go big or go home i guess.. lift that baby, put some 35 on her and lock both sides!

Umm, we're talking about diff locks right??

Not free wheeling hubs aye ;)

A front locker for a pth finder is easier to come by than a rear, as they only make a rear locker for the open rear diffs, not the LSD.

Check this thread:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3931

I can get you a front locker for $NZ 799, $US400ish. The are V small, so shipping would be sweet F.A.

Holy crap, man. That's the FIRST TIME I've ever seen any company offer a Lock-Right style locker for the Nissan front diff. I'm gonna ask for more info on that. I've been wanting a front locker for a while now, been looking at getting a 300ZX LSD instead, but those things are like gold...rare and expensive.

I was thinking along the same lines in the other locker thread. One of these up front with my Warn manual hubs, keeping the LSD in the rear. As long as you had manual hubs, the selectability of the ARB unit becomes a moot point, other than in-seat convenience. At half the price of the ARB, I can get out of the driver's seat, which I do now anyway to lock my hubs. Onroad manners wouldn't be compromised and offroad capability would be vastly improved. Costs would be kept lower by not having to change to an open rear diff to accomodate a locker there as well. The only drawback I can see is steering feedback in situations where you're not sure whether you're going to need your 4X4 or not... a situation that comes up all to often, especially on unfamiliar trails ~ you lock 'em in & find out you could've gone through it in 2X no problemo. :shrug:

Not as good as having both front & rear locked, but the above combo I feel would satisfy all but the most hardcore of offroaders. My only question would be: What happens when you need 4X in the winter on a city street or highway? I'd think it'd have to be all but unsteerable in certain situations. Any user testimony regarding this ? -thnkboutit-

Thanks for the link & the offer of help in procuring these, DB... :beer:

Edited by hardwaretoad

My only question would be: What happens when you need 4X in the winter on a city street or highway? I'd think it'd have to be all but unsteerable in certain situations. Any user testimony regarding this ? -thnkboutit-

Thanks for the link & the offer of help in procuring these, DB... :beer:

I had a friend who had his GMC 1 ton locked front and rear and he said driving on slippery roads in the winter was tricky especially when driving uphill while turning.

(when you are putting power down the driveshaft, and trying to turn)

his solution was to leave one of his front hubs unlocked resultinfg in 3 wheel drive.

if that helps.

I went to the website, but don't see the wd21 listed... is it called the navarra in NZ?

Navara is the OZ and NZ spec WD21 Hardbody equivilent.

Apparently a front locker can also cause the vehicle to pull down hill when tyring to go accross. Don't ask me how that works!!!

He seems like a good guy to deal with, being a relativly small country, with a population of less than one of your cities, about 4.1million, buisnesses tend to offer excellent costomer service. Especially in niche markets such as aftermarket 4x4 accessories.

I have met the guy, Craig, on a trip a while back, he drives a mid wheel base Cruiser. I have got quite a few things sent down to me through, the biggest yet to come, my lift coils, which apparently landed in the country today. Others in the club have bought tyres, lockers, compressors etc through him with out any trouble what so ever.

He can't afford any trouble any how, the word would very quickly get out in the relativly small 4x4 comunity and people would swap to the competition, offering the same products.

Pete.