tranny problem

blackpath94

so i have a 94 SE v6 with the stock auto tranny.

i have been noticing that it sometimes doesnt shift back down into first gear. like when it starts out its in second gear. when i accelarate away from a stop it starts to move at a much higher rpm and at a much slower speed then it would in first gear.

it first happend after a little off-road session but now it seems to happen more often and a little more randomly.

if i turn the car off let it sit for a few seconds and turn it back on, the tranny acts normal again.

does any one know what is happening? do i need to get the tranny rebuilt or purchase a new one?

thanks

tom

check under the truck. maybe you knocked something out of place off-roading... aftermarket tranny cooler is a must sounds like it maybe getting hot... check fluid.... high rmps suggests low gear.... check the button on the shifter... for normal driving it needs to be off...

also search in the garage and general forums for tranny related topics... many discussions have gone on....

the button is off...

i dont think its totally got to do with the fluids.but ill check them anyway.

it could be more electrical. like i said it works fine after i turn the car off, then turn it back on.

Edited by blackpath94