'97 D21 --> '90 WD21 Windshield Swap?

xterra

Does anyone know if the windshield from a '97 (and possible '96) D21 would fit a '90 WD21?

The compass/temp mirror I have is windshield mount, but the d@mned wedge mount I added keeps falling off. The first couple tries, it didn't even last a week. I finally got a glass guy to install one last year, but last week the mount peeled away from the adhesive. Cleaned it really well again and trying some epoxy, and it's held for a week so far...

I saw a '97 D21 in the JY yesterday, and it had a windshield mounted rearview mirror. The in-windshield antenna jogged around the wedge mount, so looked to be factory. If it didn't have a huge crack in it, I would have spent the $40 on the off chance it would have fit.

My existing windshield has a couple chips in it already, and a crack is slowly starting to spread - but hasn't reached magic 3" that the insurance company requires to cover the cost of a new one. When the time comes, I'd really like to the get '97 D21 windshield if it will fit.

I dunno, the hardbody kept the same bodystyle up to '97. I would be kinda surprised if it didn't fit. Probably the easiest way to check is to look up buying a windshield for a Hardbody and see if the year range listed is the whole run or if they have different part numbers. (I imagine part numbers would differ for window-mount mirrors, so that could complicate things.)

I imagine part numbers would differ for window-mount mirrors, so that could complicate things.

Exactly.

Nissan P/N 72712-15G10 shows it fits 86-94 HB and 87-95 Pathfinder.

Nissan P/N 72700-3B300 shows it fits 95-97 HB only. The diagram does show the wedge mount, too. I'm more inclined now to think that it will fit.

Edited by xterra