Seat leather toast. Recommended covers?

Gingy

Ok so this 92 I just bought has pretty comfy cheek holders BUT the leather is shot. Anyone have a brand or type seat cover that fits well? Thanks

Depending on budget, I'd recommend looking into replacement seats. I've recently seen a thread on another forum where someone put BMW M5 seats into an older rig, I think it was a Rover. Some modding required, but pretty sweet mod!!

I'll take a look see at the local scrap yard. I live on an island so my options for replacement parts is very limited! Thanks.

If the cushions are still good then I would just toss over a sheepskin cover. I have a set on mine and it is super comfortable in both hot and cold weather.

I found mine at a thrift store. They were supposed to be for a Mercedes S class but still fit perfectly.

Those can get pricey fast! I have one for motorcycle and love it though. I saw the smittybuilt gear covers. They can be accessorized with pouches on the back. Tactical looking which is ok but they don't cover 100% of the seat like most do

For what it is worth, when I was parting out a Pathfinder, I sold/shipped a front seat to someone at least 700 miles away for a reasonable price. They aren't very big when broken down, or heavy so if you can find a replacement for the same trim and color, it might be worth shipping it regardless of where it is. :shrug:

B

I had that smittybilt cover you talk of. It's good for when you tend to get dirty etc, but they aren't comfortable for longer trips. I've since canibalized the cover and only use the rear MOLLE part on the backseat to keep my trunk organized.

325c61ba6116c786260f6edf9edabeb7.jpg