do i need a lift for 32's???

jshea

Im trying to figure out the best way to get 32's on my Pathy. Im a new driver and short on cash so im trying to see if theres another way to make room for 32's seeing it cant be that much if i can fit 31's on stock. Could i maybe get stronger coils or something to get that extra lift? Thanks a lot

Nope. Try using the 'Search' function. Or since this post has already been started... If you want 32" tires, you'll need 3" of lift. 2" and removing the flares won't cut it. You'll have to take some metal off along with the flares. The best way to get 3" is either Calmimi ( a rather expensive, yet most effective route), or custom. Most guys around here get Jeep Grand Cherokee coils in the back, brand new torsion bars, and upper control arms. That's a 3" suspension lift right there. Or you can simplify things and go with a 3" body lift from AC. That would clear it for 32" tires for under $150.

For your budget, I say just go with the 31" tires... that .5" less ground clearance and 5% better gas milage.... Save the $, then replace components and go straight to 33"... Just a long term thinker here...

B

/\ what he said. I run 31's BFG AT's Jack of all trades, master of none. With our winnie little motors, even with the mods to mine, bigger tires sucks the gas in a hurry. Unless of course you wheel alot, and I mean enough to make that extra gas worth your while.

I've lifted mine about 5.5" and my 32's still rub at full turn and when the front is flexing (mostly touching plastic). As for after effects, when I started rolling with 32's I lost almost 40 miles to the tank, and I'll never win another drag race again.