Where is my oil cooler?

cdjflyslow

I have found a lot if pics & info on the 2001 oil cooler location but when I look there on my 97 I find nothing. Maybe it was moved in later r50 models? Can anyone describe where to find it on the 97 model? thanks !

Probably coming from front of oil pan to timing cover. All it uses is silicon for gaskets re did mine when I did my timing belt. Still seeping. Next oil change I'll clean it and shoot some silicone over it.

Sent from my Moto X

it had a slow leak, a few drops a day, then last trip we went in a deep mudhole and had to wench back out. engine seemed fine until noticed huge spot on the driveway next morning. now leaking about a quart every 10-15 minutes. seems to be on the left of the motor

thanks guys for the input !

thanks for the comments, i replaced the oil filter so thats not it. tried cleaning it too but that stuff can only take off a surface layer! looks like its been leaking slowly for a long time and building up a nice thick layer of gunk.

thanks for the comments, i replaced the oil filter so thats not it. tried cleaning it too but that stuff can only take off a surface layer! looks like its been leaking slowly for a long time and building up a nice thick layer of gunk.

If you have already cleaned off the loose, easy to remove stuff, you must have some idea where is could come from. You can dust those areas with a light powder (talcum, chalk, etc) and a new run will be obvious. There are UV dye additives I believe, but I'm not that high tech...

B