MAF ground?

Bubbley11

So the PO probably did this, but I undid the e-tape around my plug and found this guy.

2edr11u.jpg

Is it the mysterious group cable. It sure looks like a ground cable? If it is, why is it all the way up at the plug like this? I'm pretty sure I could trace it now that I have it.

Edited by Bubbley11

Yea, what ^ he said. If you don't want to buy the adapter from the dealer, you can add your own ground in. That's what I did on my old rig. I just removed the insulation from the ground wire (IIRC it is the one that connects to the middle pin, but do a continuity check to be sure), and then soldered a new wire to the exposed section, with a ring terminal on the other end. I attached it to the alternator ground that is bolted to the rad support near the air box.

So I added a ground, checked continuity it was the right wire. So now it won't hold idle at all after I drive it. It's fine after starting but now feels like it is cutting out when driving and idles really bad then stalls when I push the clutch. I checked the iac and it's fine, so could it be cap rotor, wires and plugs?

I unplugged the new ground and it ran better. I checked continuity again, still good. I'm clueless now, and my auto shops don't have an obd reader that has the correct plug

It could be in the connector itself. Mine had to replace it with a JY one since it did the same. And if you unplug the thing altogether it won't go past 3k rpm, right?

I dropped it off at home and borrowed my brothers rig for the weekend. When I had the problem this morning before I removed the plug and it died. After I removed the new ground (which seemed to be the of the cause new problems) I removed the plug and nothing changed. I didn't drive it like that tho. I guess I will have to when I get back.

I fixed it the Russian way. I goto mad and undid every sensor and cleaned all the contacts and the plugs. Have no clue what one it was but she was happy all of yesterday, and I drove a ton. We will have to see next time. I think it might have been the tps. I think the plug or senor went bad or was dirty. But I checked every senor more than once but not that one.