Random Power Problem

Bubbley11

So some of you might recall my little power problem from a bit ago. Well it went away for a bit, about a month.

https://vid.me/e/l1FA

Well you can see from my small video, signs of I have no clue what. But I have to feather the clutch and gas to start and drive. When I am driving I can barely chug along and when I try to accelerate the rpm's stay the same and the car just barely chugs. When coming to a stop, I push in the clutch and it dies. I then have to feather her again to start and get moving.

It drove fine for awhile, the only thing that has happened and made me think about it was it has been pouring all weekend. Maybe water is getting somewhere in the engine.

It will do this till I get to work, and after I leave it outside for 3+ hours I can get back in and usually drive it like normal.

Any thoughts? I tried to make it detailed so have at it. Also have new pcv, cts, clean maf and throttle body. I will be picking up a iac, and tps soon. Plus it has no codes, I keep getting 55.

I cleaned my maf again just in case. I can't find the ground for it if it has a loose connection.

Now for the loose belts, I only see a tensioner for the ac belt, but I cant find a tesioner for the alternator or power steering belts. They feel good but the alternator one could be a bit tighter.

The ground is through the harness IIRC, and can be a problem. There is an item you can buy from Nissan that couples into the connector and supplies a ground line, but I'm not certain that is your problem. Check your dizzy cap for cracks, moisture (a shot of WD40 will clear it) and all the parts being there.

My manual WD21 stumbled a bit at low rpm when there was no center electrode in the cap and sparks were just arcing down to the rotor.

Driving, warming things up might evaporate moisture while it sits for the ride home

The power steering pump and alternator are both tensioned by pivoting off of the main mounting bolt. The PS has a tensioning screw IIRC, and the alternator just has a clamp-in-place bolt so you'll have to use leverage.

B

It happening today, I can barely give it gas and the exhaust is sounding weird when it happens. It sounds like a street bike when you barely touch the gas, not a really good description, but I can barely go anywhere. I drove here fine but now I wonder if I can make it home.

I had to rebuild the connector for my MAF. Made it so the wire came off at 90 degrees rather than up since my harness wire was actually hitting the hood and I think that is what caused the bad connection over time