Cleaning the Intake Plentum inside....

Slick

:blink: Wondering if it is "safe" to clean the inside of my intake plentum while I have it off my 92 Pathy (VG30E motor)...and if so..what is the best stuff to use? Will it hurt anything spraying carb cleaner in it and holding it so the cleaner runs directly back out? or does anyone know what else can be safely used?? -bounce-

Carb cleaner will do fine. Blast away. You can use whatever you want to clean the intake(short of acid, heh). If you can, get yourself a 5-gallon bucket, fill it up with hot water and a gallon of Purple Power degreaser cleaner, then dunk that sucker in there for a while. Spray it off and it should be nice and shiny inside. :D

Just a hint, remove it before you do what 88 suggested. When I have done mine, I just pulled off the rubber hose right at the throttle body, so I could see what I was doin, and have a more effective spray by getting it where I wanted to.

Or...... you could remove it.......

:bow: Thanks guys! I left the ignition coil on the intake..so we blasted it with carb cleaner inside..and let it slip on out the way it went in....oh..gross..that didn't sound right did it??? Y'all get the idea! Thanks again! :cool2:

I am having a momentary brain fart...but it is the thingy that holds the coil plug from the distributor cap....starter coil.....mm...that's what I call it! LOL I'd post a pic..but it won't let me post a pic from my personal files... :angry: