Factory Sirius install, need guidance

Rebelord

Sup guys!

In the new 2004 Platinum that I picked up. It has the factory Bose 6 disc in dash, cassette and Sirius radio. Which the Sirius is working. However, it does have some hiccups. In my great google search, all I could find was a PDF on diagnostic from TitanTalk forum. Not much else. I am looking for Part #'s etc of the factory box. I'm thinking, since it is from 2004. Maybe a update box will connect better etc. Codec maybe? I dont know. I just want to research and see if its worth finding parts for it. Maybe cheaper and better off to just redo the entire sound setup.

Need some google guru's on this!!

Thanks,

Rebelord

Edit: From what I have found out, Is that the factory Head Unit may say Bose on it. But its actually a Clarion unit!?!

Some preliminary possible part #s: Reciever 999U9 NV004 Antenna?: 999U9 VQ008 (Doesnt look like mine though)

Edited by Rebelord

Are you sure its a Factory equipped thing?

Because from the pictures of the radio i have seen, the FSM i looked in, and from looking at the 04 sales brochure i have, i see nothing that would indicate a satellite radio....

Here is a shot of the 04 platinum factory radio for reference. (same for 4X4)

47849866.jpg

I did, however find this:

http://store.xmfanstore.com/complete-sirius-install-kit-for-nissan-infiniti.html

But its not compatible with the R50's, so i'm guessing you might have some like it.

Could you post pics of the radio you have installed (if its different than whats pictured above), and maybe some of the units/ wiring you're working with...

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Okay, finished reading your post and actually searched those part numbers, and i'm really curious to see if your radio is the same as what i pictured, because i cannot find ANYTHING that show Nissan equipped the 04 with sirius.

Look on your driver door jam, look for its birthday, should show month then year, somewhere near the top. i'm curious if Nissan started selling the feature right at the end of the Pathy life or something like that. Sorta what they did on my pathy with the adjustable suspension option....

Looking forward to hearing back!!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

From what I have found out, Is that the factory Head Unit may say Bose on it. But its actually a Clarion unit!?!

Some preliminary possible part #s: Reciever 999U9 NV004 Antenna?: 999U9 VQ008 (Doesnt look like mine though)

Clarion is Nissan's primary head unit manufacturer and has been for years - so no big surprise there. The Bose refers to the amps and speakers, assuming those haven't been upgraded.

As for part numbers, you might also want to take a look into part number 999u9-nv003 and 999u9-as003 for the Sirius module.

I don't doubt it's OEM...the Owner's Manual references it a few times, including its operation on 4-22. But, seeing as satellite radio was still pretty new a decade ago, I doubt many R50s have it.

I think the p/n is B8046-CR011, superseding the p/n found here: http://nissanpartspeople.com/product/Pathfinder/2004/Pathfinder%20Audio/Satelite%20Radio

There are several "Infinit Nissan satellite radio" results on eBay, including a recently-ended auction for the p/n above. I see mention of the Clarion above in previous posts, but it's not clear to me if you found the actual satellite module. The p/n and Sirius ID would be on the module's labels, at least according to all the pics on eBay.

But what's the hiccup? I don't think a new(er) module will help...satellite tech is satellite tech: it doesn't exactly change much or fast (seeing as it requires sending new satellites up and possibly obsoleting others). I'm sure they can update firmware, but I'd be certain it stays backwards compatible with older devices. If you're receiving anything that resembles satellite, including the Preview channel if you didn't have a valid subscription, you're in good shape. If it was a bad module, I'd expect an all-or-nothing experience (assuming the radio even recognized the device).

I'd start by checking the antenna cable and seeing it's gotten pinched or worn along the way. Many features like these probably get added by the dealership instead of at the factory, so they're not loomed with other wires. Cracks to the antenna jack may also cause a loose connection. I think the antenna module is also sealed, so check for that.

The physical antenna is good. From what I have found from a pdf about troubleshooting it is it's a Port install. Even says harness not available at dealer level. Must be ordered from factory.

The hiccups it has is dropping the signal every few minutes. When I googled it. Apparently common issue with the Nissan cars and Titan with it. As they are dealer installed. The most common thing is they just replace the reciever module and antenna. Which I may just ebay new or remain parts.

I have to find the actual module. It's usually mounted next to the amp in the back. I'll take a look this weekend. Take some pics.

Sent from my Moto X

Gotcha. What's a "Port" install?

And I think the harness p/n is on that link I put, except it's been supercedes to B8377-5W900. Both seem available from courtesyparts.com. A Google for that p/n has a write-up for installing satellite in a 350Z...I imagine all those parts are interchangeable.

Also, assuming you change the module, how will you transfer the subscription? I think you'd have to call them up and give them the new ID, and I would think they'd ask for some account details. Unless you plan to get your own subscription...

If you can get to the module, it would be very easy to try a different antenna just to rule that out.

Yea when you change the receiver you just call and transfer the sub according to the ID.

I'll call Alkorahil sometime thia week and pick his brain about it.

Port install is its installed at the port after customs before it gets on the truck for the dealer.

Sent from my Moto X