Pathfinder vs. 4Runner...

Beatup96

Take one '98 4Runner and one '96 Pathfinder....

IMG_0018.jpg

Add one brain fart while backing out of a slick driveway in the dark , multiply by one tire carrier...

IMG_0212-2.jpg

Equals...

DSCN0059.jpg

Not a scratch on the Pathfinder , I was in the 4Runner when they tangled (not driving though...) and it was a good hit .

Edited by Beatup96

Doh! :doh:

Sorry that happened.

Yeah, the tire carriers are pretty stout, and that 4runner looks pretty butt hurt. Fixable, but hurt...

You should see the pictures of the WD21 carriers that took rear end hits, it is the same but backwards.

Word of advice, get a real bumper up front on that R50 and make it just as tough on both ends. ;)

B

Yeah the tire carrier comes in quite handy for protection. I was going sledding at a local park one day and just as I had finished parking and still had my foot on the brake...I felt a bump from the back...some old guy just started reversing and bumped into my spare tire carrier...Pathfinder unscathed...his cute ute had a dent in the door and somehow also managed to crack his rear lights. I gave the guy a firm talking to...super dangerous to be backing up blindly like that in a park parking lot with kids and people around.

So far it's $40.00 for a tail light assembly , minimum $400.00 for the lift gate , $200.00 for a proper paint job or $50.00 for a NAPA "color matched" rattle can job , probably $100.00 for the labor .

His first words were "what the *&^% was that ?" , mine were "Dude , that was my truck..." .

I'm always in the market for a nice winch bumper but they seem to be a Unicorn these days for the 1st generation R50 .

Might end up doing the Jeep bumper conversion thing this spring .

Sooo, who was driving your truck anyway?

B

My truck was parked on the street , there are 2 extra large snowbanks on either side of the driveway apron that block vision .

My friend usually backs straight out , and I always park right where I was .

For some reason he decided to back out to the left , and goosed it going through the snow .

He never liked my truck , won't ride in it because "it hits bumps too hard" .

Now he calls it bad names and says it defiled his one owner 4Runner.... :lmao:

Ouch! I didn't realize he ran into a parked vehicle! :rolleyes:

Just tell him that his 4runner isn't a virgin any longer... ;)

Yeah, I had a boss a long time ago who had a stock R50, and sold it because the ride was too harsh for him. I just looked at him like he was a pansy...

B