auto / manual transfer case interchange?

ebayfish

Can you interchange a manual transfer case to an auto transmission(same driveshaft lengths, etc.)? I cannot find part numbers, so unsure if it is the same part on both. Thanks, before I get yelled at, I promise I've searched :D

AFAIK, you can use an auto tx10 on a manual, but not the other way around. (I'm running an auto tx10 with my 5 speed). Reason being is the manual tx10 has an oil catch under the input shaft, and it is un-clear if it will bolt up to the automatic with out that oil catch removed. The 4x4 switches also have different plugs between the autos and the 5 speeds, and they use different bolts due to the difference in transmission flange thicknesses.

There are pics of the differences in this thread, about 2/3 down the page. : http://www.nissan4wheelers.com/topic/auto-to-manual-swap-in-progress?page=1

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

A TX10 transfer case is a TX10. I have both from a 4cyl and a 6cyl and they are identical minus the shifter because one is from a hardbody. One of them is an auto and one is from a manual. Before I scrap the auto trans I'm going to bolt the manual tcase to the auto trans and see if it will fit without issue. If it works I'll post about it on the board.

• Like 1