Break problem

chapter

I have a path 90. When I brake at high speed, the truck pull the right... Any idea about the cause of that??

By the way, my spark plug have about 50000km, is it time to change them?

I ask that question because it's a pain in the hiney each time I go the garage to change the spark plug. They have problem to remove them and my fear is they broke one in the engine... So is is possible to keep them until 75000km? I have 370000km on the truck and I planning to change next year.... Snif :(((

could be all kinds of things. you need to inspect the brakes first and see what the deal is... you should inspect all of your suspension while you're at it...

same on the plugs... pull a couple out and see their condition...

look in your OM to see schedule of maintenance and follow it closely...

I've had serious sticking issues on 2 sets of caliper/pads where both pulled to the passenger side, although I really wouldn't know what to check. Unfortunately, both sets were pretty spontaneous (or not- Midas sucks!) and died on the spot. Could also be alignment, and that's a simple and cheap fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a nasty grinding noise at low speeds coming from the right wheel, which

was present with or without brakes, and was diagnosed as a bad caliper and

rotor. I replaced the rotor and got new pads but the garage said the caliper

looked fine.

Well, it doesn't grind anymore- it squeals when I apply the brakes,

however, still from the right side. I am assuming I need a new caliper, correct?

Can I replace one caliper and not the other?

calipers may look fine but not work... i am guessing you put in new bearings when you changed your rotor, right? squeling could be almost anything still

Can I replace one caliper and not the other?

breaks are one of the most important components of your tk... i wouldn't..why skimp on being alive?... i've always done both sides at the same time... but you gotta do what you gotta do... i know what it is to live on v. little...

Guest ksakella

Definently check the breaks. Frozen caliper is likely the problem. Check the wear of the pads...they should similar amount of wear, if they don't replace them and grease the calipers and pads (you should wipe down and grease all the contact areas). Then check them after a few weeks or if the squeeling comes back.

Breaks make noise sometimes even if they are fine. A friend asked me to help him out on his car becuase of some annoying squeeling, and it turned out that he just had a lot of breaks dust collecting between some parts. We hosed it down dorve it around, and presto...silent breaks!

I like doing most of the car fixin at home, because I like to save money but more importantly, see what's happening with my pathy first hand. Breaks are not bad, and neither are the spark plugs. It's all about the right tools for the job. Universal joint and extension for the #6 plug (all the way in the back) and plain extension for the rest. Good luck!