Automagic Hubs

daczone

I have Nissan manual hubs on my pathy. They are fantastic. I still have my complete auto hubs as spare parts and my Warns that I got before I knew that Nissan even made manual hubs. The warns stick out further than the Nissan ones. I prefer manual because I don't have to back up to disengage them. In winter I can just dial in the manuals and shift in and out of 4wd as needed. I've never had any issues with any of the hubs I've used.

Earlier discussion mentioned the stock LSD. When I was stock my LSD was very tight and when I changed the fluid I went with amsoil 90W140, which might have helped it run tighter (not truly sure). I'm now using the stock weight amsoil in both diffs (Front is an LSD out of a 300zx turbo) with the lsd slip additive in front for extra measure. I also have gear oil in the transfer case rather than transmission fluid. The TX-10 t-case used to be spec'd for gear oil and they changed it to ATF in the early 90's for reasons unknown. It works fine in any case and doesn't suffer thermal breakdown like the ATF does.

I had always thought... I could shift into 4WD at any speed (Wrong?) It grinds and I actually lost a bet over this.

I know 4LO requires me to stop but I know in my old 86 Nissan 4x4 I could do it. Am I missing a step?