Loss of power

thorpe991

So i lost alot of power when it comes to take off acceleration and it seams that i have more engine noise than normal not exhaust this noise is coming from infront of the fire wall and i have a bad o2 sensor downstream driver side my muffler is new and bigger than stock so do i have a cracked manifold or cloged cat? I also lost alot of mpg im mabey getting 10 -12 mpg right now

Or is it juat the bad o2

Edited by thorpe991

Evap leak will be un-metered air depending on what is bad in the evap system. so if that is the case, you will see crap gas milage, from the injectors over spraying to compensate for the O2 reading of a leanish condition. This is that situation that software and a wireless obd2 would come in super handy as u can monitor the fuel trim by percentage or voltage or graph. i bought a 30 dollar obd2 from amizon and use torque, free app from playstore depending on your phone or whatever. it also reads maf, air intake temp and so on. really really handy when one symptom can be a lot of different failures. check the obvious stuff that is free first, cracked, split, or just popped off vacuum hoses, "pertaining to the evap system" or just pull the vacuum hose going to your intake for the evap and plug the hose with a bolt or something and cap the inlet to the intake to prevent air from getting in. "no suggestions here, just think it through and dont be afraid to use your imagination, im sure you can figure it out." see if your rides performance improves. if so, use that as a starting point. O2 code could be the cat let go from the extra fuel dump. but i hope not. maybe the o2 is just having issues. hopefully this helps you out.

pat

My sel hasent reset but since doing the o2 im running about 500 less rpms at all speeds my bouncing rpms at crusing have lessend ( it was jumping about 300-500 now is only jumping 100)

Im going to drive it today and then tomarrow im taking it to see if it will pass inspection i also replaced the gas cap

According to our FSM, the downstream O2 didn't help your issue. "no influence on engine control systems during normal operation"

So i would say you probably had a hella leaky gas cap? bad joo joo there hehe.

pat

• 1 month later...

cog on the drive shaft was slipping causing your RPM to fluctuate? I will have to file that one away. Something you dont hear about too often but its good to know. Thanks for the info.

Pat