problem with Automatic tranny?

Nissan3

I am 17 and am interested in getting a Pathfinder. My brother told me though that I should get manual because the Automatic transmissions in the 90-95 models tend to blow after about 200 000 km. I just wanted to know if anybody knows if this is true or has experienced any problems with their automatics.

Thanks

You can save yourself trouble by going with the manual tranny. I say this and I am an auto tranny geek. However you have bigger issues than manual vs auto. MANY 95's will have significant frame rot. Lost of 94's are the same and some 93's will be rotted. You must carefully examine this. Here in the Northeast there are currently over 10 pathy's for sale with none repairable frame rot. (yes anything is repairable, it just is not worth the expense)

Also VG30 engines almost always have exhaust bolt failure. This is significant job to replace the broken off studs.

Finally auto trannys did fail without adaquate cooling. if the truck does not have a BIG tranny cooler then you will very probably have trouble.

I have been lloking for a good Pathy body & chassis for more than 6 months and have not found one yet. Ask questions on this forum before you buy. There is a kid in Erie PA. He bought his Pathy for $700 in July. Put another $700 in it repairs. It still does not run hardly at all and he can not sell it for even $500. :oops: