AC lift, VS OME who has what

PINION

so trying to figure out which one to go with, AC with the shipping is over 950, OME is 850

One 2", one 1.75"

I would love to hear from folks who have either on their experience

Thanks

$950? Should be about $60 for shipping to you, at most $150 if you are rural.

We do have a thread on this though; http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/

Its in the R50 FAQ and Pinned topics section. Years of info in there. But a quick summary: AC coils, 2" lift, very stiff, can cause strut top out until "broken in" after about 6months. OME 1.5-1.75" lift, rides as good, to better than stock. Not stiff like the AC springs. Other options is you like your current ride. Is to use spacers from Fleury, which have been proven. There are threads on his products all around. He is also in the Vendor section.

I, and a few others have IronMan springs. Very similar to the OME. 1" lift front, 2" lift rear. I also have 1.5" of spacers up front to level out the truck. Advertised as 40mm of lift from IronMan. However right now are VERY hard to get a hold of in the states. If I were do it again, I would stay IronMan personally.

The linked thread above should give you more info then I could ever type here.

Rebelord

PS, love them Level 8 wheels. 15 or 16 inch? Which backspacing?

• Like 1

Thanks, info on peoples experiences with the lifts aren't current. just looking for the feedback, I have my wheels sussed out, not my lift. thanks again for your input. verty valued

Edited by PINION

As far as I know Rebleord and and I are the only ones running IronMan springs. If I were to do it again I'd go new factory springs and lift, spacers from Steve (4x4designs) all around, to maintain a great ride and a little more hight.

I have the spacers on the 99, was just looking for input from people on the different lifts, I went with the AC 2" delux with bilstiens and GR2's

Wasn't looking for spacing or any math, just folks's feelings on it.

I installed 4x4designes 2inch spacers front and rear with air lift bags in the rear. I mounted 4 Michelins 265/70 16 and I love the way it handles and looks. There are 4 other r50 at my work that other mechanics own and they all agree. This is the way it should of left japan.

Edited by xxLOUDOGxx

• 3 weeks later...

I have .5" OME springs and shocks on the way with kyb gr2 struts and 2" of fleurys spacers front and back already waiting. Once it all goes on I will update with my thoughts.

I have the OME with Fleurys front 1" spacer to level it out, and I love it. Much better than the stock spring rate for what I do, yet still incredibly comfortable on the highway and around town.

See this thread for more info on what people run:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/?do=findComment&comment=341506

Edited by Karmann