happy ending with a 5spd

PINION

so when I found out my 99 was on its way out, Frame wise, not happy with all the $ in it. I almost turned it into a Frontier, found one with a dead motor. Surfing CL yesterday and found a 98 from out of state with 89k on it. Score $2250, super clean and no rust anywhere, yay. Its a 5spd, need info on the deal, good and bad. Out here (NY), where mud is king, standard is a bad thing, switching gears in slop is no good. moving out west to Nevada area, near the Rubican. Is this still an issue on the trails.?

running gear swap and gear swap pic up next week. as soon as I figure out why it wont upload PB.

Wait a second! You're the guy with that Pathfinder listed on cl?! Been kicking the idea around of giving you a call, but I have to wait til my Titan sells to have any funds to put into yet another r50. What lift are you running in the one for sale? How far gone is the "frame"? Crazy that you're only about a half hr away from me (without the weekend traffic anyway).

Edited by 01Pathmaker

Wait a second! You're the guy with that Pathfinder listed on cl?! Been kicking the idea around of giving you a call, but I have to wait til my Titan sells to have any funds to put into yet another r50. What lift are you running in the one for sale? How far gone is the "frame"? Crazy that you're only about a half hr away from me (without the weekend traffic anyway).

Frame is still solid, running 4x4 design spacers, pm me email and I can send pics of under body.

Hoping to do some prevention on that front, including moving to the desert, lol

yes on the steal part, thata why I just went for it. a wholesaler had it. Got very lucky. going with the AC 2"

Edited by PINION

What rims are on that silver one, I kinda like it.

As for your question, I think you may have to clarify what you're asking. Are you wondering how manuals do off road vs automagics?

yes, In the jeep world we tend to stay away fron manual. again with the shifting in slop sucks. but out in Nevada where I am going, im hopeing its a bit different. or should I swap it to autotragic

Oh and Level8 Guardians. going with the same wheel in the black too

Edited by PINION

If you are desert wheeling, I think you will prefer a manual, as long as you are good with the gas/clutch/handbrake combo. I think manuals give you more control and reliability, but can be harder to deal with in technical situations. They aren't much of a benefit in mud unless you want to be locked into one gear.

I've always felt that auto trannies in wheelers were for lazy/apathetic drivers, just like auto trannies in sport cars on the street. :thumbsdown:

B

• Like 1