A/C repair. O-ring sizes ?

JackStraw1

Hi guys,

Replacing the O-rings on the high pressure line of my A/C. (94 Path SE)

FSM says both are 12.

I am not used to looking at O-rings this way. Advance Auto rep has no clue what this means.

I googled it and found DANCO size 12 o-rings at Home Depot. 5/8 in. I.D. x 13/16 in. O.D. x 3/32 in. wall according to their specs.

Anyone know if this is the right O-ring for this application ?

Thanks

mmMMM... a 5/8" would be a -16 size (nominal size of ID 5/8") a -12 would be a 3/8" o-ring.... a -112 is a 1/2" by thicker cross-section... The best thing to do is measure the thing with calipers (the inside diameter, outside diameter and the cross-section)... all sizes are plus or minus at least 0.005" so maybe measure in mm (I find it easier to measure smaller things in mm. Take that to the home depot / rona / target / walmart / napa / canadian tire and / or wherever and bring your calipers just in case!

For everything you ever wanted to know except the required size: www.auburn-mfg.com/

Yeah, I looked at the ones at Home Depot. Way too big.

The original ones are 20 years old, dried out and a little deformed. Not sure if measureing would be that accurate. Also don't have calipers for measuring. I guess i'll take it in to auto parts store and see what is closest.

Just came across this...http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Santech-A-C-System-O-Ring-Gasket-Kit/1994-Nissan-Datsun-Pathfinder-4WD/_/N-j0puhZ91tam?itemIdentifier=703892_912831_0_

Seems like it would work but I only need to replace the two. I guess I could look at replacing more now that the system is open.........

Well, that seemed like a good idea to me too until I took the compression fitting nut off that attaches the condensor to the drier/liquid tank and the thing just disintegrated on the inside where the threads are. No way to fix this that I am aware of. Need new condensor.

Note to self: don't fix things that aint broke on a 20 year old truck