240SX Throttle body

Manik

Ok, I can recall seeing a post somewhere that refers to upgrading the throttle body on the MPFI pathys to a 240sx Throttle body and I cannot find it again to save my life. I'm pretty sure that I found in here on NPORA, but, wouldn't bet my life on it. Any information/assistance would be appreciated. I am headed to the JY next week and would like to try and locate one at that point....

I believe it's actually the ka24e 240sx that you are looking for. They are made 89-90 models and have the 'pignose' front bumper to identify them. I don't think the dual overhead ka24de throttle bodies fit.

I'm in the process of figuring out a way to mount an entire vg33e intake manifold and throttle body in a wd21/d21 truck I'll keep u posted with progress I make on it. Sofar i have the throttle body modified to scaccept the vg30 tps and throttle shaft successfully. Next is to rework the lines under the 3.3 plenum to fit in the pathy engine bay

I believe it's actually the ka24e 240sx that you are looking for. They are made 89-90 models and have the 'pignose' front bumper to identify them. I don't think the dual overhead ka24de throttle bodies fit.

I'm in the process of figuring out a way to mount an entire vg33e intake manifold and throttle body in a wd21/d21 truck I'll keep u posted with progress I make on it. Sofar i have the throttle body modified to scaccept the vg30 tps and throttle shaft successfully. Next is to rework the lines under the 3.3 plenum to fit in the pathy engine bay

Sounds good. Yes, the TB that I am referring to is the earlier model ka24e. I have two spare upper intake plenums for the VG30e and would like to either experiment with them, to try and get a few more ponies out of my pathy. Hell, it's either that or sell or junk it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW the restriction in the stock intake is NOT the throttle body. Its the Stock MAF.
I have verified this with my 3" maf and vacuum gauge running a VG33 up to 7,000 RPM on a stock wd21 throttle body. After seeing this, many times, I have no desire to spend my time $$ or energy on a TB upgrade.

I think 4 cyl's typically get larger-than-needed throttle bodies to give them a snappier throttle response to make up for the smaller displacement.

BTW the restriction in the stock intake is NOT the throttle body. Its the Stock MAF.

I have verified this with my 3" maf and vacuum gauge running a VG33 up to 7,000 RPM on a stock wd21 throttle body. After seeing this, many times, I have no desire to spend my time $$ or energy on a TB upgrade.

I think 4 cyl's typically get larger-than-needed throttle bodies to give them a snappier throttle response to make up for the smaller displacement.

Hey mypath what MAF are you running that allows more airflow? The stock one only has like a 1.5" or less hole which seems really small....

I am running an N60 MAF(m30 ECU and Nisstune). They are good for about 320 HP and can be found on M30's and Maximas.
There is a wiring guide in my M30 thread but connecting it to a stock pathy ECU will throw off your AFR's (make you run lean).