backed into a post

fearkobe

95 nissan pathfinder. i backed into a metal post cemented in the ground i turned it to hard and bap. my tire carrier alittle bent but now my trunk is a little flimsy by the handle. i can move the skin back and fourth when i pull on the handle. i havent tried pulling the pannel off on the inside yet. does anyone know how i can reinforce this?

Get some rope, loop it though the metal latch just below your rear glass (it's the metal latch that pops your rear glass.) then you'll have to fold one of your rear seats down so you can lean in and secure the rope to one or both of the metal tie downs on your rear cargo floor, pulling the rear trunk lid down. Even better I would probably just wrap the rope around one of the rear head rests and make sure it's tight. This should ensure the trunk doesn't come open until you can get the damage fixed.

I took the panel out and nothing is supporting it at all around the handle. Outs the outside door hatch skin it flops when you pull on the handle. Also I just found out its not the original hatch. Thanks.