Rim question

kdj

Would anyone know if 15" rims (from a '98) would fit a truck that originaly had 16" (2003)? I'm thinking on getting a newer truck and have new tires on my '98 that I would like to reuse. I'm just not sure if the 15's would fit over the drums/rotors on the 2003 that comes with 16's.

there is a pinned thread on the R50 portion about running 15 inch wheels.....no they wont fit over the larger rotors/brake caliper of 2001+ model years. It might be possible if you are running spacers, or larger back space.

• Like 2

there is a pinned thread on the R50 portion about running 15 inch wheels.....no they wont fit over the larger rotors/brake caliper of 2001+ model years. It might be possible if you are running spacers, or larger back space.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the new truck and yes they fit. Devonion I tried kissing them but I'll probably grind down a bit of the outer edge of the calipers for rim clearance but YES they fit even without it. 31X10.5x15 instead of 265x70x16.

Edited by kdj

I got the new truck and yes they fit. Devonion I tried kissing them but I'll probably grind down a bit of the outer edge of the calipers for rim clearance but YES they fit even without it. 31X10.5x15 instead of 265x70x16.

:lol: No problem. Most regulars just call me DVW.

When I first mounted my rims they fit within a Gnat's behind. Two years later, I had to replace my brake pads and they didn't fit!! Thankfully, my buddy is a professional mechanic at a local garage and he made the decision to "kiss" the edges with a grinder. So, it would seem to me that you still have a lot of life left on your brake pads!! :)