Graceland

Karmann

Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg: have you ever seen so many pancake restaurants in your life? Lol

For the oil change, have you ever considered a Fumoto Valve? Best $25 I've ever spent on a vehicle.

http://www.fumotousa.com/

I've never seen that many miniature golf places in my life, that's for sure! :lol:

And sweet, I'll check that out.

• 1 month later...

Where is your rear bumper cover?

-Kyle

Excellent question :lol: It's off because I was doing a little project on it, which after finding plastic cracks became something more involved. :/

Damn Karmann, that was amazing. I'm glad you and your buds were able to make that trip. There is one thing I'd like to hear more about though, PLEASE tell us about Myrtle Beach!!! Haha! I've lived my entire life, (with the exception of 4 years in Seattle / Tacoma Washington, which I loved and miss fondly), in Houston, TX and surrounding areas.

My town is not pretty and we do have that spectacular 100 % humidity with high heat here during the summer. We've got the inner city areas here, but also middle city areas, all around town and they're all crime, drug infested and generally not nice places to be.

So, in a lot of ways I think some people and / or outsiders could easily consider Houston a Hell Hole. I'm used to it, in 9 years I've driven over 300,000 miles in this place criss crossing from every place to every place imagineable. When I was in Basic Training at Camp Jackson at Columbia, South Carolina some people would occasionally get a weekend pass and run over to Myrtle Beach, I never did, but I can imagine with the young army privates there, it can probably get pretty ghetto and raucous, I'm guessing there was an abundance of rap/hip hop culture and small minded ignorance?

• Like 1

Damn Karmann, that was amazing. I'm glad you and your buds were able to make that trip. There is one thing I'd like to hear more about though, PLEASE tell us about Myrtle Beach!!! Haha! I've lived my entire life, (with the exception of 4 years in Seattle / Tacoma Washington, which I loved and miss fondly), in Houston, TX and surrounding areas.

My town is not pretty and we do have that spectacular 100 % humidity with high heat here during the summer. We've got the inner city areas here, but also middle city areas, all around town and they're all crime, drug infested and generally not nice places to be.

So, in a lot of ways I think some people and / or outsiders could easily consider Houston a Hell Hole. I'm used to it, in 9 years I've driven over 300,000 miles in this place criss crossing from every place to every place imagineable. When I was in Basic Training at Camp Jackson at Columbia, South Carolina some people would occasionally get a weekend pass and run over to Myrtle Beach, I never did, but I can imagine with the young army privates there, it can probably get pretty ghetto and raucous, I'm guessing there was an abundance of rap/hip hop culture and small minded ignorance?

Thank you very much, I was actually pretty fond of the parts of Texas I passed through, so no worries there. Minus that heat! :laugh:

But to be 100% honest with you, my very least favorite part of the trip was being in Myrtle Beach. From what I saw, I can have confidence that you aren't missing anything by not going. I don't think that I'm being snobbish because I live in Surf City USA here on the coast, but Myrtle Beach was legitimately a hellhole. Hot and sticky as all get out, even at midnight. The whole town was filled with crack-heads and otherwise low class people wandering the streets for their vacation time. If that was where people went to relax, I really don't know where they were coming from. Truly a terrible place, the beaches were garbage, there was wayyy too much tourist places like run-down miniature golf courses, towel and other chintzy souvenir shops which as a chain populated much of the city, and ridiculously overpriced hotels. Perhaps it was because of the time, but we ended up staying in an econolodge that was so crime-ridden and run down one of us kept watch, and yet it cost $150 in cash per night, run by a toothless a-hole. Combine that with what was apparently a donked golf cart show, and the place was really a dive. I would not recommend spending time in this city. Unless someone on here can suggest to me a part that isn't wholly awful, I stand by my comments. We left absolutely as fast as we could. If you want a nicer beach atmosphere, go anywhere else. Jacksonville FL wasn't bad at all. Reminded me of San Diego for instance.

Edited by Karmann

wow, yea I'm glad you guys made it through that one in tact without incident. Kinda reminds me of Galveston..similar deal. Hopefully atleast one of you guys was packin heat. Next trip you guys take, you should go north and check out the Pacific Northwest..Awesome awesome awesome.....

If you need to be armed where you're vacationing, perhaps you should look for somewhere else to relax, :lol:

wow, yea I'm glad you guys made it through that one in tact without incident. Kinda reminds me of Galveston..similar deal. Hopefully atleast one of you guys was packin heat. Next trip you guys take, you should go north and check out the Pacific Northwest..Awesome awesome awesome.....

See above^ No need really. I actually drove up to Eureka and the Oregon border last summer, and growing up had spent time all over Oregon, and briefly, Seattle. Really I'm thinking a trip to Colorado may be in the plans.

Thank you very much, I was actually pretty fond of the parts of Texas I passed through, so no worries there. Minus that heat! :laugh:

But to be 100% honest with you, my very least favorite part of the trip was being in Myrtle Beach. From what I saw, I can have confidence that you aren't missing anything by not going. I don't think that I'm being snobbish because I live in Surf City USA here on the coast, but Myrtle Beach was legitimately a hellhole. Hot and sticky as all get out, even at midnight. The whole town was filled with crack-heads and otherwise low class people wandering the streets for their vacation time. If that was where people went to relax, I really don't know where they were coming from. Truly a terrible place, the beaches were garbage, there was wayyy too much tourist places like run-down miniature golf courses, towel and other chintzy souvenir shops which as a chain populated much of the city, and ridiculously overpriced hotels. Perhaps it was because of the time, but we ended up staying in an econolodge that was so crime-ridden and run down one of us kept watch, and yet it cost $150 in cash per night, run by a toothless a-hole. Combine that with what was apparently a donked golf cart show, and the place was really a dive. I would not recommend spending time in this city. Unless someone on here can suggest to me a part that isn't wholly awful, I stand by my comments. We left absolutely as fast as we could. If you want a nicer beach atmosphere, go anywhere else. Jacksonville FL wasn't bad at all. Reminded me of San Diego for instance.

You just summed up Myrtle Beach the way I see it. Sure, it was a cool place to go having just graduated high school and found a way to drink cheap beer with half of my class. Loud stereo systems, motorcycles, tee shirt shops ... pretty much all of the reasons I hate that place. The only time I ever go back there is when the wife's parents drive their RV to one of the isolated campgrounds.