What is this part called?

brc19761

Hi I need to know what this part is called 13zmo7l.jpg The bolt screws all the way down and has a hole drilled down the middle. The spring goes in the top and the wire through the bottom. Here is a pic of each piece that makes up the part with the exeption of the 12mm nut and the spring which some how I misplaced 9sq7ox.jpg

I know the spring is not supposed to be sticking out of the top of the bolt. But that is the way I found it. I went to autozone and they had no idea what is was.

My pathy is not running well at all and I happen to notice this.

Any comments or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

brc

That is the hood switch for the alarm system. Looks like yours got hit with something and the plastic broke, it should look like this:

P1010003_zps555316b3.jpg

It should have no effect on the engine. Should be an easy score at a wrecking yard, or just cut it out and forget it. I've got an LED hood lamp running off of mine.

Any codes?

Edited by Slartibartfast

That is the hood switch for the alarm system. Looks like yours got hit with something and the plastic broke, it should look like this:

P1010003_zps555316b3.jpg

It should have no effect on the engine. Should be an easy score at a wrecking yard, or just cut it out and forget it. I've got an LED hood lamp running off of mine.

Any codes?

Agreed, should be easy to find at a salvage yard. I just checked and the part is discontinued by Nissan.