my pathfinder sputters and blows white smoke after refueling

unloveable75

Mine kept blowing some white smoke for a long time, I guess it took about 100 miles to stop blowing it and run ok again, but just less than 10 liters of diesel where put in the tank. I guess it takes a while to clean all the fueling system from the oil.

I've just put one bottle of Bardahl or STP injector cleaner.

Edited by flnl

Thought I'd replied to this one. :scratchhead:

I would expect it to keep running "off" until your next fill-up. Run it down to very little fuel remaining, fuel up, and that should dilute whatever water is left to where it doesn't matter much. After a few tanks it should be back to normal.

I second that comment, fill up the tank again and add methylated spirits to absorb the water. It will come good eventually. I remember once an idiot friend of mine put two stroke oil in my fuel tank. Every once in a while, big clouds of smoke came out, which was embarrassing. Then one day I was on the freeway and I had big clouds of smoke coming out then it just stopped, because the two stroke oil finally went through the fuel line for the last time. Then after that it didn't smoke anymore. I got my friend back by putting raspberry jelly into his vents in front of his hood, so that when he went for a drive, his car smelt like Little miss strawberry cheescake. It took him a few months to get rid of that sickly smell!