Sensor in lower air box ?

thorpe991

So about a month ago i removed the part of the air box under the fender and just unhooked that sensor then my sel has been on is there any way to bypass it our do i have to put the part back in

I'm running a cai (was be for i took it out) and before i removed the part i didnt have the sel on

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Edited by thorpe991

Same as mine (removed). But I have no problems because of it. I do not believe it throws any codes for the engine light. Do you have access to an OBD II scanner? What codes are you getting? May be something unrelated..?

I had it scanned about 2 weeks ago and they said it wad a air sensor but not mass or idel but didn't give me the codes think i should just UN plug it and see if it changes since you said yours is removed with no issues can't drive it as its off the road and the rear arm bushings are gone

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

That sensor is the intake air temperature sensor. The PCM doesn't use that sensor to operate the engine; it's for diagnostics only. You should leave it connected. Since I have a cone filter (like you), I have simply positioned the sensor near the intake. Actually, I routed some 4" flexible black ABS drain tube through the original hole in the fender down to an opening in the front bumper to help provide cooler air when moving.

After you plug the sensor back in, you can reset the check engine light by disconnecting the battery.

If you never had the sensor unplugged, and your CEL is still on, then you need to find out the code that's causing the malfunction. It may not be related.

Edited by XPLORx4

• 2 weeks later...

That sensor is the intake air temperature sensor. The PCM doesn't use that sensor to operate the engine; it's for diagnostics only. You should leave it connected. Since I have a cone filter (like you), I have simply positioned the sensor near the intake. Actually, I routed some 4" flexible black ABS drain tube through the original hole in the fender down to an opening in the front bumper to help provide cooler air when moving.

After you plug the sensor back in, you can reset the check engine light by disconnecting the battery.

If you never had the sensor unplugged, and your CEL is still on, then you need to find out the code that's causing the malfunction. It may not be related.

What he said.