89 tbi injector

gilman17

I have a really nice 89 pathfinder that needs an injector,I can't find a rebuilt or a used one anywhere and I mean anywhere.I can't pay hundreds of dollars for a new one.Can anyone out there help,I'd really like to go past 2800 rpm.Thanks Ed.

Problem may not be injector, have you checked codes yet? That rev limit is limp mode, I have had that happen and had issues other than injectors.

87 XE red/red 3+3+33's=my finder

Rockauto.com has them, new is 230, but they have an option for you to send your in for a rebuild for 26.79. I agree with AJ530 on checking codes but I had an 87 that went into limp mode with a bad injector and for 26 a piece it might be a good start. I think I have a MAF laying around if that comes up as an issue. Good luck.

yes I've checked the codes,I have been dealing with this for 6 months I'm sure it's one injector,plus I replaced o2 sensor,The maf sensor is ok,I cleaned it anyway.The pathfinder actually runs pretty good in limp mode I've put 6,000 miles on it since I bought it.But now that I know whats wrong I'd sure like to find an injector so I can drive up a hill faster,anyway thanks for all of your inputs ED

Problem may not be injector, have you checked codes yet? That rev limit is limp mode, I have had that happen and had issues other than injectors.

Did it throw any codes? Also worthlooking at the wiring and harnesses for the injectors (MAF wiring as well).